Tuesday 7 November 2017

Today Reminder (The Latch) – 7 November 2017



A reminder for today
 And He Himself existed and is before all things, and in Him all things hold together. [His is the controlling, cohesive force of the universe.] (Colossians 1:17)

I got an email from Ford motor company recalling my Ford Ranger due a possible faulty latch in the rear seat. So, today I took my Ranger in and they replaced the latch with a brand new one. This is why I am writing to you a little later than usual. It made me think of this verse. Jesus is the glue that holds all together. In Him all things hold together. Have you ever heard of laminin? I have written about Laminin before, but let me take you through it again. I love laminin. 

Laminin is a protein that is part of the extracellular matrix in humans and animals. The extracellular matrix (ECM) lies outside of cells and provides support and attachment for cells inside organs (along with many other functions). Laminin has “arms” that associate with other laminin molecules to form sheets and bind to cells. Laminin and other ECM proteins essentially “glue” the cells (such as those lining the stomach and intestines) to a foundation of connective tissue. This keeps the cells in place and allows them to function properly. The structure of laminin is very important for its function (as is true for all proteins). One type of congenital muscular dystrophy results from defects in laminin.

The shape of laminin resembles a cross and its functions come across as the very core of who Jesus is. Now I know we should not use our fallible bodies to resemble God’s infallible Word, but it is nice to know that when God designed us He left these little things in our bodies for us to find that confirms who the designer is. Compared to the massive complexities God added to our DNA, laminin is just a small part of the wonders of our creator and God. In the example of how laminin holds our bodies together and even when I use the example of my back-seat latch holding my seat together with the rear of the car, it is imperative that we look at Jesus in context of who He is and what He is. He is God and He is perfect. His perfection is the core of our beliefs and faith and in His perfection, we are strengthened and held together.   

There is nothing that we can use to compare to our Lord, but we can celebrate the wonders of His creation and the mercy He shows. So, every day I get into my Ranger I will think of Jesus in the sense that He is always there, and He keeps me safe and strong. He is the reason we own a car and He is the reason we can drive it. It is all out of His grace and mercy. I can see His gift of love in all that I do and all that I am, because without Him I am nothing. 

Lord, you are just amazing, and we love to find all these little wonders of your creation as it just strengthens who we are and who you are. You are our God and King and we worship you alone with all our minds, souls and hearts. In Jesus name. 

Have an awesome day, dear friend of Jesus. 

Cheers

The truth about forgiveness

What is forgiveness? Oxford says it is the action or process of forgiving or being forgiven. But what is forgiveness actually? It is the rel...