Friday 10 November 2017

Today Reminder (Over) – 10 November 2017



A reminder for today
 And the LORD said unto Joshua, This day will I begin to magnify thee in the sight of all Israel, that they may know that, as I was with Moses, so I will be with thee. (Joshua 3:7)

What a week! My parents moved, and they are still unpacking boxes today. It was quite a challenge to get it all done in time and to drive back to Pretoria. I got home late last night, and I am tired today from the move and the long drive. I must say I love to drive and to just watch the landscape as it changes from one area to the next. I get a lot closer to God, because I am alone in the car with only the Lord as my companion. I get some real quality time in as I share my thoughts with the Lord and I can just listen at His voice and His guidance. I am so blessed.

So, the move is over. The house is filled with a lot of boxes and there is still a lot of work left before it will be completely done. When we give our hearts to the Lord and we start to unpack those boxes that we kept in our mind filled with all our mistakes we still have a lot that needs to be done before we are fully released. You see we tend to keep some of those boxes just in case and that is so wrong. When Jesus comes into our hearts He wants to throw out all the stuff that we do not need anymore, and we should never try and bring those boxes back. 

When Jesus took your sin, He took it all and there is nothing that you need to keep. It is all done and over and no more. So, let go and let God do what He does so well – restore the broken. 

God said to Joshua that He will begin to magnify (increase) him so that all will know that God is with Him just as He was with Moses. Now, God wants to do the same with us. He wants to clear our burdens and take away our pasts so that He can increase us. When He has cleared all that we carry with us, He can come in and be more in our lives so that when He increases we will be more like Him and less like our worldly self. Then the world will see that He is with us and they will know that He is God.

Lord, let us become less and you become more in our lives so that we can celebrate your love and show you to the world around us. You are all we need. In Jesus name.

Have an awesome day, dear friend of Jesus. 

Cheers

The truth about forgiveness

What is forgiveness? Oxford says it is the action or process of forgiving or being forgiven. But what is forgiveness actually? It is the rel...