Thursday 23 November 2017

Today Reminder (Work) – 23 November 2017



A reminder for today
He who is careless in his work is a brother to him who destroys. (Proverbs 18:9)

I am at a point today where I just don’t want to come to work. We are nearing the end of the project, but it still seems as if the changes just get more and more. We are at that point where anything goes from relevant to ridiculous, and I am so tired I just want to go home and sleep. 

The origin of work is depicted in the book of Genesis. In the opening passage, God is the primary worker, busy with the creation of the world (Genesis 1:1-15). The Bible states that God worked for six days and rested on the seventh day. These passages reveal that God was the first to do work on the earth. Therefore, legitimate work reflects the activity of God. Because God is inherently good, work is also inherently good (Psalm 25:8; Ephesians 4:28). Furthermore, Genesis 1:31 declares that, when God viewed the fruit of His labour, He called it “very good.” God examined and assessed the quality of His work, and when He determined that He had done a good job, He took pleasure in the outcome. By this example, it is apparent that work should be productive. Work should be conducted in a way that produces the highest quality outcome. The reward for work is the honour and satisfaction that comes from a job well done.

At this point I am lost for words, because I know that in my darkest and weakest moments God will shine and give me a breakthrough. Yet, my body and mind say otherwise, my Spirit is still fired up and ready to go. Even if I think that I must just get done I still know that God will guide me so that I can deliver good quality work. In the end my determination and my hard work glorifies our Lord and shows His power through my weakness. 

In addition, Paul’s instruction to another church regarding those who preferred not to work was to “keep away from every brother who is idle and does not live according to the teaching you received from us.” And he goes on to say, “For even when we were with you, we gave you this rule: ‘If a man will not work, he shall not eat.’" Instead, Paul instructs those who had been idle, “Such people we command and urge in the Lord Jesus Christ to settle down and earn the bread they eat” (2 Thessalonians 3:12).

Now I will change my attitude and take on this day one incident at a time and finish with a bang. Watch this space, God is present, and I am on a roll.

Lord, thank you for your love and strength so that we can take on this day and finish on top. Let us bring glory to you in all that we do. In Jesus name.

Have an awesome day, dear friend of Jesus. 

Cheers

The truth about forgiveness

What is forgiveness? Oxford says it is the action or process of forgiving or being forgiven. But what is forgiveness actually? It is the rel...