Tuesday 14 November 2017

Today Reminder (Irritation) – 14 November 2017



A reminder for today
 It is not rude; it is not self-seeking, it is not provoked [nor overly sensitive and easily angered]; it does not take into account a wrong endured. (1 Corinthians 13:5)

So, the exams are here, and our update is getting closer to the end with less than two weeks remaining. Irritation is not a good thing, yet it finds its way into our lives on a daily basis. What is irritation? Meaning - the state of feeling annoyed, impatient, or slightly angry. Yesterday we studied and some of the words are quite difficult which meant that my son struggled, and I got irritated. Our time is running out and he does not know his work. In the end I had to apologise and calm him, because of my irritation which in actual fact is just me worrying about him, but instead getting annoyed. 

The same applied this morning when our QC side wanted to make changes to the system and I am thinking our time is running out and we still have many issues that needs to be resolved and I have to help my son with his studies which means my time is very limited. So, my reaction is irritation and annoyed. 

In the end the Lord said that He is giving us one new commandment. Jesus said I am giving you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, so you too are to love one another. 

So what is love in the eyes of the Lord? Well we can just look at how Jesus was when He was here and His example that He gave us. In Jesus’s new command, the significant words are “as I have loved you.” Jesus’s command to love “as I have loved you” is the “new commandment.” This depth of love takes the Christian to a whole new way of expressing love for others. The love that Jesus had and continues to have for His followers is infinitely more profound than the love expressed in “you shall love your neighbour as yourself.” When Christians express love toward others, it should not be just as we love ourselves, but as Christ loves us.

So, what does that have to do with irritation? When you love as Jesus loves then love will overpower irritation and continues to be patient and not to be angered. It will not take into account the mistakes of other, but it will remain patient and forgiving until the end. 

Lord, let is love as you love us. In Jesus name. 

Have an awesome day, dear friend of Jesus. 

Cheers

The truth about forgiveness

What is forgiveness? Oxford says it is the action or process of forgiving or being forgiven. But what is forgiveness actually? It is the rel...