Wednesday 15 November 2017

Today Reminder (He lives in me) – 15 November 2017



A reminder for today
I have been crucified with Christ [that is, in Him I have shared His crucifixion]; it is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me. The life I now live in the body I live by faith [by adhering to, relying on, and completely trusting] in the Son of God, who loved me and gave Himself up for me. (Galatians 2:20)

How are you, my friend? This week is a tough one with the exams and work that is taking its part out of me. Yesterday’s studying went much better as the Spirit of the Lord lifted me and gave me strength to be a better tutor to my son. So, today we are excited to write the exam and much more positive about it. It is raining here in Pretoria and what a blessing. When I finally got to my car I was soaking wet, but the wonder of this blessing is just amazing. I sat for a moment in front of the school and just watched the rain and once again I am in awe of God’s creation.

It is so important that we understand what it is that Jesus did for us. In His crucifixion and resurrection, He took away all that can keep us from Him. But we need to understand that when we accept Him as our saviour we die in the old self and is replaced by a new self that is now filled by Jesus Christ. Although I live my life is no longer a life that is wasted away by the material needs of the world, but rather one that has purpose and a destiny. Jesus died so that we can experience His resurrection and His grace as He takes away all our sin and all our worries and burdens.

You see it is like seeing for the first time. Suddenly you see with different eyes and the things that held value in your previous life now has no power over you anymore. You live to live a life that will glorify the Lord and take you on your journey to heaven. You realise that this world is fading away, but the promise we have in Jesus is eternal and will never fade. You start to understand that we do not need much to pass through this world and it is not what you have but what you do that is important.
You realise instead of needing things that you actually do not need you now have a need to help and give and spread the gospel. Your outlook on life changed and the way you see people are different. You start to act different and do different and soon you start to stand out, because you do not except the ways of the world but the way of the Lord. 

He gave His life for me, so I will gladly give mine for Him.

Lord, you are our God and saviour and with you we are made new. You took away that which was leading us into destruction and you changed it to give us purpose and hope. Let us be the very light that will guide those still in darkness to you so that they too can experience your gift. In Jesus name.

Have an awesome day, dear friend of Jesus. 

Cheers

The truth about forgiveness

What is forgiveness? Oxford says it is the action or process of forgiving or being forgiven. But what is forgiveness actually? It is the rel...