Wednesday 29 November 2017

Today Reminder (Every Knee) – 29 November 2017



A reminder for today
For it is written [in Scripture], “As I live, says the Lord, every knee shall bow to Me,
And every tongue shall give praise to God.” (Romans 14:11)

How are you, my friend? We are battling to finish the last of our update as Friday is D-day. All seems fine, except for a last few things that needs to be fine-tuned so that we deliver a full and final package. This morning I am thinking about all those who are against us and against our religion. Those who denies God and those who does not believe He exists. All those who are questioning Jesus and His resurrection. I am a little saddened and at a loss, because my question to the Lord this morning was – How does He do it? How does He love despite the hate and anger and lies? How does He forgive even the terrible things we do? How does He do it?

It takes me 5 minutes into traffic and I am already annoyed by arrogance and self-love. We received our performance ratings yesterday and I am upset about it. How does God do it? How does He love us when we do not deserve His love? How does He forgive so easily and why did He gave His life for us? We destroyed His creation and then we blame Him for it? We are greedy and arrogant, and we blame God for our own mistakes? We expect Him to jump when we pray but we turn away from Him and sin at every chance we get. We want God to do want we way when He is the creator and it is all His. He can wipe the planet with a single word, yet He takes all the pain for us when He gave His life for our benefit.

Then I remembered Paul’s message to the church in Romans. In the end no matter who you are or what you believed, you will bow before God and you will give Him praise. You will be judged, and you will receive the punishment He said He will give to all who turned away from Him. In the end all will know that He is God and there is no other. In the end all this will end, and we will be with our Lord. It is days like this that I just get so tired of this world and the little gods that try to take the place of our Lord, because their greed for power and money has become their idols. 

 Today I just want to spend all day with my Lord, because He will never leave, and He loves me despite my imperfections. He never judges me for my wrongs and He will always see the best in me. He only wants to see me prosper and grow. He is all I need and all I desire. He is my God and my only God. This tiny world with its tiny people will not change that. My God is a great God and soon every shall bow down and every tongue shall give praise to God.

Lord, you are my refuge and my shelter and today I just want to be with you. Take away my fears and my pain and show me the path you need me to walk. In Jesus name. 

Have an awesome day, dear friend of Jesus. 

Cheers

The truth about forgiveness

What is forgiveness? Oxford says it is the action or process of forgiving or being forgiven. But what is forgiveness actually? It is the rel...