Thursday 2 August 2018

Today Reminder (Fire) – 2 Augustus 2018

A reminder for today
Wherefore we receiving a kingdom which cannot be moved, let us have grace, whereby we may serve God acceptably with reverence and godly fear: For our God is a consuming fire. (Hebrews 12:28-29)

This morning I am a little negative, sorry. The company I work for is doing some really weird stuff and to me it sends up red flags that creates concern regarding our future here. So, I am worried that things are not what they seem, and our plans may fall into pieces. It is not nice, because the once positive vibe we had is now a very dull and gloomy group of people who are worried if they will still have a job in year from now. Everything that we were so excited about is not falling in place as we thought so I assume the enemy is hard at work in the hearts of those who lust after money and power.

I love this verse but mostly the part: For our God is a consuming fire. It is the weirdest times we live in. Yesterday our president signed the papers to change the law towards land expropriation without compensation. In that moment our currency plummeted and our future suddenly looked very dark. What is going to happen? I have no idea and I cannot believe that they actually think this will solve our problems. Back to my verse:

So, what to do? For a moment I was at a loss for words but then God reminded me that we are receiving a kingdom that cannot be removed. We must stop looking at this world as if it had any value. The only value we have is what we store up in heaven by works through faith. James said that faith without works is lost. We must keep our focus on God and what He wants us to do. Spread the gospel and live lives that mirrors His gospel. 

To the lost and the bad and the terrible and the evil I only have this to say: Our God is loving and caring God, but He is also a consuming fire. If you do not turn from your ways and ask God for forgiveness and accept Jesus as your saviour, you will meet that fire. 

Am I worried? Yes, I am, and I am also just human, but do I fear? No, I do not fear for God is with us and His rod and His staff will comfort me and even when I walk through the valley of the shadow of death I will fear no evil. For only goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life and I (and you) will live in the house of the Lord FOREVER. 

Have an awesome day dear friend of Jesus. 

Cheers

The truth about forgiveness

What is forgiveness? Oxford says it is the action or process of forgiving or being forgiven. But what is forgiveness actually? It is the rel...