Thursday 23 August 2018

Today Reminder (Long Week) – 23 Augustus 2018


A reminder for today
I will say of the LORD, He is my refuge and my fortress: my God; in him will I trust. (Psalm 91:2)

It’s been a long week. I have been so sick from a terrible flu and yesterday my wife went in for a procedure. It has been a chaotic, hectic, terrible and painful week. I must admit this is the one I do not want to repeat. I always said that there will always be more challenges for Christians and those of us travelling on the right path, because satan is not to concerned with those on his side. 

Today I realise once again that I have only this life and it is all about Jesus. As I sit here, and it feels as if I am coughing up parts of my lungs (haha – its not that bad), I know that it does not matter what we did or what we want to be, it is always all about Jesus. Sometimes we get lost in a lie and we miss the real reason for our existence. Sometimes we are so occupied with our problems that we do not see the answer right in front of us. 

This week I have been in many places. From confused to angry and finally to broken. And I realise I must stop worrying about these things of this world. I must stop trying to clear my past mistakes by holding on to them and trying to better them by what I do now. I have made my mistakes and God forgave me for them. If the world around me will not, so be it. It is about Jesus and He will never let the enemy defeat me. 

So, today I want you to come with me as we walk out into the light on our journey that lies ahead. Let us say out loud that the Lord is our refuge and our fortress and in Him we will place our trust. Let’s put our fears and our worries in His hands as we trust Him for every moment that lies ahead of us. Let us thank Him again for taking our sins away from us and washing us with His blood. Let us rejoice in the Lord and continue to carry His gospel everywhere we go.

Have an awesome day dear friend of Jesus.

Cheers

The truth about forgiveness

What is forgiveness? Oxford says it is the action or process of forgiving or being forgiven. But what is forgiveness actually? It is the rel...