Wednesday 15 August 2018

Today Reminder (My salvation) – 15 Augustus 2018


A reminder for today
Behold, God is my salvation; I will trust, and not be afraid: for the LORD JEHOVAH is my strength and my song; he also is become my salvation. (Isaiah 12:2)

It is getting warmer and warmer here in South Africa as summer is slowly creeping up on us. This means that this year is basically at its end as we battle to complete our online version of our famous desktop application. We are going to the cloud. Sounds so cool, because one day we are all going to the cloud, just the cloud of eternity with our Lord Jesus Christ.

It looks as if we are finally done with all the challenges that we had and what is left is aligning our programs with the cloud adjustments so that we can give our first clients a very user-friendly online experience. 

This is such an awesome verse. It begins with “Behold” then it says, “God is my salvation”. It simply makes this huge statement making the reader expecting something big and then goes beyond that to salvation. When we say God is our salvation (redemption/rescue) we take all the bad and wrongs that is in our past and we simply forget them. So, to say behold is simply highlighting the magnitude of the salvation that we receive. 

Then we go on and we see that we will trust and not be afraid, because God is our strength and our song (joy/happiness). Our trust is in God, because of the salvation that lies within His grace and love. He is our strength, because when the enemy comes full blown and all out in destruction mode we can simply stand and watch as his attempts fall to pieces. 

When we look at these waves of attacks that the enemy throws at us and we look next to us at the God that stands with us we soon realise that these attacks are of no value and they have no effect on our salvation. 

Come with me today and shout out “Behold, God is my salvation. I will fear none and I will not worry. I will trust, and I will stand firm on my faith. I will not be intimidated, and I will not allow the lies of the enemy to influence my joy and my song. I will trust and not be afraid.” 

Have an awesome day dear friend of Jesus. 

Cheers

The truth about forgiveness

What is forgiveness? Oxford says it is the action or process of forgiving or being forgiven. But what is forgiveness actually? It is the rel...