Friday 31 August 2018

Today Reminder (The Race) – 31 Augustus 2018


A reminder for today
Wherefore seeing we also are compassed about with so great a cloud of witnesses, let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which doth so easily beset us, and let us run with patience the race that is set before us. (Hebrews 12:1)

As an exercise fanatic I can relate to finishing the race. The thing about exercise and training is that it becomes a way of life. I do a two-hour workout every morning and if I miss it I will find a way to do it on a later time that day. I will always do my workout regardless. I will even train when I do not feel well although I know you should rest, but I always say that I will rest enough one day when the Lord takes me to Him. 

So, Paul says that we should lay aside every weight and the sin that so easily engulfs us and continue to run this race with patience. Every weight I would say is the burdens of life that pulls us down. I must say that the last few weeks the world added a few new burdens to my pile, so today I lay aside those burdens and I trust the Lord for the outcome. 

Sin is the one that really gets us. Anger and irritation inevitably lead to sin and desire and need follows a path of destruction. Man’s self-esteem can cause a few obstacles that weights us down and breaks our path. You see we all have a few flaws and if we are not careful we can easily step into a trap that will lead to our fall. So, sin is the one we battle a lot and you cannot argue that it is ok when you know it is wrong. 

To make this race we must steer clear of temptations and carefully follow God’s guidance and instructions. We must spend more time in His word and more time on our knees. Every race requires preparation and this race is no different. To prepare for this race you need to condition your mind and soul. The only way we can do this is by reading the Bible and praying as often as possible. Remember God is everywhere so pray everywhere. 

Come with me today as we run the race of life with patience and endurance. Let us finish this race victorious and with honour as righteous winners. Let us stay focused and determined as we keep our eyes fixed on Jesus our saviour. When it gets hard, take a breather and keep fighting. Remember that Jesus was persecuted, and He suffered even though He was innocent. We will also face many obstacles in our race, but our team member is the creator of heaven and earth, so I guess we have a lot on our side. Remember who God is and remember what awaits the enemy when our Lord returns and remind the enemy of his fate but remember the prize that awaits you.

Have an awesome day dear friend of Jesus. 

Cheers

The truth about forgiveness

What is forgiveness? Oxford says it is the action or process of forgiving or being forgiven. But what is forgiveness actually? It is the rel...