Wednesday 29 August 2018

Today Reminder (Peace) – 29 Augustus 2018


A reminder for today
Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid. (John 14:27)

Have you ever woken up irritated already? It has been a long month and I must admit my challenges are just adding up. So, I am tired and as I woke this morning I was already a little annoyed. Circumstances, situations and people play a vital role in our live experiences. You can say the workload and our situation here in South Africa is a large contributor to my irritations. 

How do we deal with the little sparks that lead to huge fires? Jesus said that He leaves His peace with us. He says that He gives His peace not as the world gives but as He gives. When Jesus talks about peace, He means that we should not let this world and its stupidity get to us. We should focus on the truth and the light and the reward that is in Him. You know Jesus said that He has already defeated this world for us and He reminds us here that we should not let our hearts be troubled or afraid.

It is not an easy thing when you see what is going on here or in the rest of the world for that matter. You see the hatred and the death and how little life is worth. The world is a cruel and cold place and as a Christian you are on the enemies list. But in truth this should not get you down. We are here to show the gospel and to lead people to Jesus. If I have to die for Him then it is His will, for my life is in His hands and I will give it gladly if it is the will of my Father. 

So, to my fellow Christians in South Africa and all over the world is say this: do not fear and do not allow the enemy to create distance between you and God. Stand firm in your faith and trust in the Lord. Come with me today as we battle the enemy on our knees and pray for the lives of all the Christians all over the world. Let His kingdom come and let His will be done. Be strong and courageous today.

Have an awesome day dear friend of Jesus. 

Cheers

The truth about forgiveness

What is forgiveness? Oxford says it is the action or process of forgiving or being forgiven. But what is forgiveness actually? It is the rel...