Friday 24 August 2018

Today Reminder (Flu) – 24 Augustus 2018


A reminder for today
Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen. (Hebrews 11:1)

I do not like flu. I could make that a little bit more clearer by adding a few words of dislike. But in essence I really do not like flu. The runny nose, the chest burning cough, the burning warm sensation behind my eyes and the everlasting weak feeling is going to drive me crazy. I went to the gym today and I don’t think that was a great idea. It was terrible, and I keep coughing every minute plus I would rather be in in bed right now instead of being at work, but the work is too much and the time to little as usual. 

What is faith to you? Paul said that faith is the substance (matter) of all things (note all) hoped for and the evidence of things not seen. So, he says that it is all the stuff you hope for and the proof of things you do not see. Faith in his words is the trust in someone that no one can see, but we know undoubtedly is there, because of the proof we have in the results of our lives. 

I can compare faith with flu. How do you know I have flu? You can see it in my whole being. The way I look and the way I talk. It is in my eyes and in my body manner. It is clear in the symptoms that I show and to the average person not a nice experience. Now, faith should be the same. You should be able to see faith in the way I look and the way I talk and the way I live. My faith should be uncomfortable to the enemy and he should flee from me because of my faith. And finally, my faith should be contagious to everyone I meet.

So, even though flu is terrible, and I do not like it, I would love my faith to be like flu. I would love to get my faith to a level where it is clear and visible to everyone I meet and everyone I see. I would love to have a faith that is contagious and faith that visibly shines out of my eyes. Now, just as medicine is designed to cure you from flu, the world and our worldly nature is used to try and destroy our faith. We should steer clear of the things that hinders our faith and focus on the things that builds our faith. Keep the faith, my friend and trust in the Lord.

Have an awesome day dear friend of Jesus. 

Cheers

The truth about forgiveness

What is forgiveness? Oxford says it is the action or process of forgiving or being forgiven. But what is forgiveness actually? It is the rel...