Monday 5 August 2013

Today Reminder - 05 August 2013 (Released)



A reminder for today
All his life Joash did what was pleasing in the LORD's sight because Jehoiada the priest instructed him. Yet even so, he did not destroy the pagan shrines, and the people still offered sacrifices and burned incense there. (2 Kings 12:2-3)

Our church is doing a series called “Direction” and it is based on your purpose in life. What direction your life needs to take and how you know which way to take. I so often write to you about purpose and how each one of us has a special purpose in life. What is so great about that is the fact that within your very DNA God has hidden your talents and as you start to move into your purpose you will see these talents automatically come out and take effect. I love the fact that you have been designed by God long before you were born making it clear that no human is a mistake, each one of us no matter the circumstances is planned by God, because each one of us is needed to make a difference in His kingdom.

I have also mentioned that we must seek God’s direction and follow His ways and His Word. I have been struggling with parts of my life that I seem to have missed and they are parts that are so important in my journey towards God. You see, we cannot try and live a life dedicated to Jesus if it is not completely and I so much desire a closer relationship with the Lord. This weekend I have seen the Holy Spirit move so clearly in my life that I thought I needed to share it with you. Just as Joash did what was pleasing to the Lord and he did not destroy the pagan shrines, I seem to have tried to live a life pleasing to the Lord but I still had baggage from my old life that I seemed to have kept in my head. This weekend I felt the Lord addressing these issues and releasing me from a burden that I carried.

My dear friend, if you have something that you are carrying with you and although you try and do what is pleasing to the Lord, this “something” is still there and you are struggling to release it from your life. It could be something that you need to say or something that you need to forgive yourself for or even something that you need to accept. No matter what it is, the important thing is to bring it in prayer to God and ask Him to help you with it. Let God release you from it as you completely surrender your life to Him. 

My dear and wonderful friend, God loves us so much and we cannot fulfil our purpose if we keep living in the past or we keep fighting God’s direction. In the midst of the storm Jesus is calling to you and saying that you must trust Him and get out of the boat so that you can walk on water. I have this image in my head of a huge storm raging around us, as we keep our eyes on Jesus and we are walking towards Him on water. However fragile the surface, His hands are there to keep us up. 

Come and let us empty the closet and clear away the spider webs as we give our “All” to Jesus and live a life free from the accusations of the enemy and into the light of Jesus. Let us be who we were designed and destined to be as we follow His voice through the chaos and the storms of life. Oh wonderful Lord, I give you my heart and I give you my soul and I live for you alone.

Have and awesome day dear friend of Jesus

Cheers

The truth about forgiveness

What is forgiveness? Oxford says it is the action or process of forgiving or being forgiven. But what is forgiveness actually? It is the rel...