Thursday 8 August 2013

Today Reminder - 08 August 2013 (I will get up again)



A reminder for today
You must worship only the LORD your God. He is the one who will rescue you from all your enemies." (2 Kings 17:39)

So Israel continued to worship idols and foreign gods and they did not follow the commands of the Lord. They did not turn from these sins until the Lord finally swept them away from His presence, just as all his prophets had warned. So Israel was exiled from their land to Assyria.

I often find myself asking the question “How long still?” How long will I still continue to struggle and not live a life completely dedicated to the Lord? How many times will I still allow the enemy to deceive me in making bad choices and wrong decisions and how much longer will I still allow the desires of my heart dictate my needs? 

Have you ever felt that every attempt you make ends up in disaster and that you feel unworthy of the grace of God, because you keep on doing it wrong? I have written to you about idols and material things and how the things of this world should not take God’s place in our lives. We must worship only the Lord. I stood at a place yesterday where I felt that every attempt to better my life and be a true Christian just ends up in disaster, because I allow emotions and stress to dictate my reactions and my thoughts. I realised that no matter how hard I try I keep slipping and I kept asking the Lord “How much longer”. 

I the midst of my mixed emotions God spoke to me very clearly. The godly may trip seven times, but they will get up again. (Proverbs 24:16) and today the Lord confirms that He is the one that will rescue us.

My dear and wonderful friend, God wants you to know that He is the one that will rescue you from any and every possible problem you may face. God wants you and me to turn to Him and call on His name so that He can come in and clear away the mess and fill it with His presence and His peace. God will renew our strength and lift us up out of our fears and worries so that we can stand and glorify His name for He has rescued us from our burden and from the attacks of the enemy. So when we trip, God will rescue us and pick us up so that we can continue our lives living for His glory. Lord. I pray that you will come into our lives and fill our every thought with your presence and help us to keep focussed of you even when we feel lost and unworthy. Lord give us the strength that we can face today and all that it holds for us, from the good to the bad, and help us to fill our minds with your Word so that the enemy will not be able to confuse us with wrong ideas. In the name of Jesus.

But those who trust in the LORD will find new strength. They will soar high on wings like eagles. They will run and not grow weary. They will walk and not faint. (Isaiah 40:31)

Have and awesome day dear friend of Jesus

Cheers

The truth about forgiveness

What is forgiveness? Oxford says it is the action or process of forgiving or being forgiven. But what is forgiveness actually? It is the rel...