Monday 19 August 2013

Today Reminder - 19 August 2013 (Rebuild)



A reminder for today
Never before had there been a king like Josiah, who turned to the LORD with all his heart and soul and strength, obeying all the laws of Moses. And there has never been a king like him since. (2 Kings 23:25)

It is Monday again. The weeks seem to end so quickly and time seems to be getting faster. I must be imagining it but my days also seem shorter. I don’t know what things are like with you, my dear friend, but I do know we should use our time responsibly. Josiah was the first king after a few that did what was pleasing in the Lord’s sight. Those before him worshipped idols and did terrible things that caused the Lord’s anger to flare up against His people. Josiah restored the temple and destroyed all the pagan shrines and made the people follow the laws of the Lord as it was written. Josiah did so much good that there were no other that could compare to him and he turned to the Lord with all his heart and soul.

My dear friend, I want to start this week on the right foot. Just like Josiah I want to turn to the Lord with all my heart and all my strength and all my soul. Let us invite the Lord into our lives today so that He can help us clear away all the bad and restore our “temples” so that we can be new again. Let the Lord fill you with His Holy Spirit and let Him clear away all that hampers us so that there will be nothing that keeps us away from Him and blocks His voice. Let us rebuild, renew and start fresh focussing all of hearts and soul on the Lord. Let us be followers of the Lord like there have never been before in our time. 

Jesus replied, "'You must love the LORD your God with all your heart, all your soul, and all your mind.' This is the first and greatest commandment. A second is equally important: 'Love your neighbour as yourself.' The entire law and all the demands of the prophets are based on these two commandments." (Matthew 22:37-40)

Come my friend and let us make these words our very own in this week as we give our hearts completely to the Lord.

Have and awesome day dear friend of Jesus

Cheers

The truth about forgiveness

What is forgiveness? Oxford says it is the action or process of forgiving or being forgiven. But what is forgiveness actually? It is the rel...