Monday 26 August 2013

Today Reminder - 26 August 2013 (Endures)



A reminder for today
Give thanks to the LORD, for he is good! His faithful love endures forever. (1 Chronicles 16:34)

It is Monday again. I do hope that you had a wonderful weekend and that you are fully rested for the week ahead. Our theme in J-Zone (Kids ministry) is about the live of Joseph and all his trials and hardships and his final appointment as ruler of Egypt just under Pharaoh. We talk about the phrase “Because I love God, I can trust Him” and when I read this verse today about the song of praise that David gave the Levites after they brought the Ark of the Covenant into Jerusalem I realised that we forget how God took Joseph through a number of trails before he ended up where God wanted him to be. Had he not been in jail, Pharaoh would not have known about his gift to interpret dreams.

My dear friend, the trials and tribulations that we face are all part of God’s plan and we might be going through tough times but these misfortunes will place us in a position where God could use us or He is busy preparing us for a specific task. We can’t see it now and we should not stare ourselves blind in our circumstances. We must keep our eyes focussed on Him and seek Him at all times. Because I love Him, I will trust Him and I will give thanks to the LORD, for he is good! His faithful love endures forever. 

All week these verses have been stuck in my head: Each time he said, "My grace is all you need. My power works best in weakness." So now I am glad to boast about my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ can work through me. (2 Corinthians 12:9) 

I know now that I must just live and trust Him no matter how my circumstances change, it is all part of His plan and His love and grace is all I need.

Have and awesome day dear friend of Jesus

Cheers

The truth about forgiveness

What is forgiveness? Oxford says it is the action or process of forgiving or being forgiven. But what is forgiveness actually? It is the rel...