Friday 23 August 2013

Today Reminder - 23 August 2013 (God did it)



A reminder for today
"God did it!" David exclaimed. "He used me to burst through my enemies like a raging flood!" (1 Chronicles 14:11)

This is one thing about David; he knew that all that he accomplished was because God gave it to him. He became king because God wanted it and he defeated his enemies because it was God who gave him these victories.

We started this week with the knowledge and confirmation that God is with us and that we as mighty warriors do not need to fear anything, for with God all is possible. God also wanted us to turn to Him and move away from any idols and place our focus on Him as we love Him with all our hearts and soul.

My dear friend let us end this week giving God all the glory for all that He has done in our lives. Sometime we just need to humble ourselves before God again and give Him glory as we confirm God’s hand at work in our lives. I also want to say "God did it!" every time I succeed and every time I accomplish something. God is my strength and my wisdom. He is the reason I am where I am and that I have succeeded where I have succeeded. 

It is tempting to say, then, that giving glory to God is simply a matter of integrity and honesty, that it is a matter of giving credit where credit is due. But the Bible is calling for more than this: the Bible is calling for us to behold the glory of God, which is manifested in a variety of ways, to prize and love and rejoice and stand in awe of the glory of God, and then, with glad and sincere hearts, to declare the beauty of what we have seen, first to God and then to others.

And hence John Piper’s now famous dictum, God is most glorified in us when we are most satisfied in Him.

So whether you eat or drink, or whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God. (1 Corinthians 10:31)

Have and awesome day dear friend of Jesus

Cheers

The truth about forgiveness

What is forgiveness? Oxford says it is the action or process of forgiving or being forgiven. But what is forgiveness actually? It is the rel...