Friday 16 August 2013

Today Reminder - 16 August 2013 (I am healed)



A reminder for today
Meanwhile, Hezekiah had said to Isaiah, "What sign will the LORD give to prove that he will heal me and that I will go to the Temple of the LORD three days from now?" (2 Kings 20:8)

Hezekiah asks for a sign that God will heal him. This made me think about Mark’s thoughts that I posted yesterday. And I believe that the question to why God does not heal everyone is easily summarised in our human nature to control everything. You see we like to know that we can call someone or have a quick meeting and change the outcome of things and when circumstances do not go our way we get upset and blame. 

We try and do that with God. We want to put God in a bottle and every time we need Him we just open the bottle and God must magically change everything so it suits us and falls in line with our desires. My dear friend, we need to right size God. We cannot take infinity and place it in a bottle, so we can never bring God down to our level. We need to understand the fact that God is God and His ways are above our thoughts.

"My thoughts are nothing like your thoughts," says the LORD.  "And my ways are far beyond anything you could imagine. For just as the heavens are higher than the earth, so my ways are higher than your ways and my thoughts higher than your thoughts. (Isaiah 55:8-9)

Why do we get so upset when we never give God a moment of our time? I was thinking about facebook and how it influences our lives. How much time do we spend reading about other people’s thoughts and where they are and what they do in their lives on facebook. If you take the same amount of time and invest it into God, praying and studying His Word, your live will be much different.

We get angry at God when He does not heal children, yet we allow the world to abduct, kidnap and abuse children all over the world. We turn our heads away at the child begging on the street corner but we are angry at God for not healing our children. 

We question God when He does not cure our flu, yet God gave us the means to get medicine and the time to rest so that we can be healed from it. How small minded can we be?

My dear and wonderful friend, we are here to glorify His name and if that means we must battle through cancer to show Him to people in a hospital, that is what we should do. Mark wrote that Jesus went through a terrible pain and suffering to bring freedom to the world, to save me and you. Maybe your pain and your suffering will open the eyes of those you know or even those you do not know. I love Mark’s words on this: As with the Cross, our darkest hour may be God's finest moment.

We should stop questioning God and start worshipping Him. We should turn from our ways and return to God. if you ever needed a sign like Hezekiah, let this blog be your sign. God lives in me and He is the reason I wake up every morning and write to you. I expect nothing back but the mere idea that I am giving Him my time and I am spending my fist moments in the morning with Him and for Him. And yes we go through hard times and difficult circumstances but in the end, I see Him in it all. And I will continue to give all the glory for all I am and all that I do to Him. I will worship Him in the good times and the bad and I will follow His voice and give my life for Him, just as He did for me. I live for You alone.

Then if my people who are called by my name will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sins and restore their land. (2 Chronicles 7:14)

Have and awesome day dear friend of Jesus

Cheers

The truth about forgiveness

What is forgiveness? Oxford says it is the action or process of forgiving or being forgiven. But what is forgiveness actually? It is the rel...