Monday 12 August 2013

Today Reminder - 12 August 2013 (I am confident)



A reminder for today
Then the Assyrian king's chief of staff told them to give this message to Hezekiah: "This is what the great king of Assyria says: What are you trusting in that makes you so confident? Do you think that mere words can substitute for military skill and strength? Who are you counting on, that you have rebelled against me? (2 Kings 18:19-20)

What a week! It seems as though the challenges we were facing last week escalated as the weekend came to an end. I was wondering yesterday why the sudden intensity of issues in our life and why does it seem as if our problems just doesn’t want to end? 

These words: “What are you trusting in that makes you so confident?” just stood out today and I know they are for me. There are two things that I need to take out of this, one: I need to be confident and two: I need to take that confidence and place it in my trust in the Lord. I know that we face challenges each day, but the ones we kind of take care ourselves are the ones that the Lord helps us with that we ignore. The issues in life that are greater than us are the issues that will display God’s hand in our lives more clearly.

I am writing to you today, my dear and wonderful friend, out of confidence. I know that my waves of obstacles will disappear as I trust in the Lord with confidence. I will substitute my own ability with faith in the Lord and I know that He will take care of us and lead us through this time. Even now that it seems impossible to me, I know I will see the impossible change into possible when God moves my mountains. 

I am thinking about something I wrote about a while back. Maybe you will remember this verse: When she told the man of God what had happened, he said to her, "Now sell the olive oil and pay your debts, and you and your sons can live on what is left over." (2 Kings 4:7) God helped the widow by making the oil in her jar unlimited so that she filled all the containers they could find. God is telling me today that we should trust Him once we asked for help and that we will see how He lifts us up and pulls us free from our problems. 

I pray that the Lord will come and help us today just as He helped the poor widow and that we will be confident as we trust Him completely. Oh Lord, deliver us from this mountain and let us glorify your name and worship you alone each and every moment. In Jesus name.

Have and awesome day dear friend of Jesus

Cheers

The truth about forgiveness

What is forgiveness? Oxford says it is the action or process of forgiving or being forgiven. But what is forgiveness actually? It is the rel...