Thursday 20 March 2014

Today Reminder – 20 March 2014 (Day 13 – My Strength)



A reminder for today
I said to myself, "I will watch what I do and not sin in what I say. I will hold my tongue when the ungodly are around me." (Psalm 39:1)

Are you hurt my friend? Lately I have been battling with injuries. Almost every week I have a new injury from training and I am a little fanatic so I don’t stop to rest. This means that I struggle through most sessions with pain. I always say it will heal eventually and those who train with me know this about me and I often get a funny look when I complain about pain.

Muscular and joint pain is something we can live with and it does eventually heal and leave us pain free. But nothing hurts like people and how their uninformed self-made judgements over us can cut through our hearts and leave us in pain. This pain is one that I must admit does not heal so easily and it can last a long time.

James wrote about the tongue and how it can destroy people in James 3: But a tiny spark can set a great forest on fire. And the tongue is a flame of fire. It is a whole world of wickedness, corrupting your entire body. It can set your whole life on fire, for it is set on fire by hell itself. People can tame all kinds of animals, birds, reptiles, and fish, but no one can tame the tongue. It is restless and evil, full of deadly poison. Sometimes it praises our Lord and Father, and sometimes it curses those who have been made in the image of God. And so blessing and cursing come pouring out of the same mouth. Surely, my brothers and sisters, this is not right!

I have seen how assumptions and misguided ideas can hurt people and even destroy lives. This is a huge strength breaker and it can leave us in ruin. Be careful what you say and to whom you say it. We are not capable to judge people and we are surely not qualified to know what goes on in people’s lives unless we are involved in their struggle and then we should still not have an opinion, unless asked for, then we should stand by them and support them. 

My dear friend you will find unlimited strength in saying only good and uplifting things about people. When you have only positive thoughts over other it will directly affect your life and boost you. Let us love as Jesus taught us to and stop trying to stick our noses in other people’s business.  It will make you so much happier.

Have and awesome day dear friend of Jesus

Cheers

The truth about forgiveness

What is forgiveness? Oxford says it is the action or process of forgiving or being forgiven. But what is forgiveness actually? It is the rel...