Friday 21 March 2014

Today Reminder – 21 March 2014 (Day 14 – My Strength)



A reminder for today
We are merely moving shadows, and all our busy rushing ends in nothing. We heap up wealth, not knowing who will spend it. And so, Lord, where do I put my hope? My only hope is in you. (Psalm 39:6-7)

I must admit it is an absolute amazing experience reading through Psalms. There is so much amazing truths that you can take with you each day and just live closer to the Lord. I have written to you many times before about our time here and how short it is. David compares his life to his hand in verse 5 “You have made my life no longer than the width of my hand”. This is such an awesome comparison. If you think about God looking down at us and our lives and the amount of time we spend here, it could almost be like looking at your hand. 

David writes here that all our rushing ends in nothing and that we heap up wealth not knowing who will spend it. Wow! Does that sound familiar? How much energy do we waste rushing our lives away? We have a saying in our country that basically means when you rush you will burn your hands. Have you ever been late for something and after all the stress of being late and increasing your blood pressure only to find that it is ok. I can’t tell you how many times I have been in exactly that situation. Yet when we wait for someone we tend to get irritated when they are, because we are never “late”. 

What do you do with your hope when you realise nothing on this planet is going to save you and rushing away at your already short life is a waste. And so, Lord, where do I put my hope? My only hope is in you.

My hope is in Jesus – always. Where is your hope? 

Have and awesome day dear friend of Jesus

Cheers

The truth about forgiveness

What is forgiveness? Oxford says it is the action or process of forgiving or being forgiven. But what is forgiveness actually? It is the rel...