Monday 24 March 2014

Today Reminder – 24 March 2014 (Day 15 – My Strength)



A reminder for today
Hear my prayer, O LORD! Listen to my cries for help! Don't ignore my tears. For I am your guest—a traveler passing through, as my ancestors were before me. (Psalm 39:12)

As I sit here writing to you I feel once more the need for more of Him. The Lord has been with me more than I could ever imagine in the last few months and I am so in awe of the wonders of His hand in our lives. It has been a huge privileged to spend some time with my parents on the farm and I must admit that the boys enjoyed it so much. It is a huge event in their little lives to go to their grandparents on the farm. What caught me this weekend is just how quickly time passes, I am amazed at how my boys are growing up but in the same sentence I am saddened to see how my parents are getting older. I realised looking at them getting older that I am only a traveller here passing through and the funny thing is that I more than anyone else knows that my time here is limited and that all our lives will eventually end, but for a moment there I was just sad. I guess every time I leave that farm I know that there is something of me that stays behind and I wish it could always be like that.

Oh Lord hear my prayer as I bring us all before you today. Listen to our cries and please do not ignore our tears. Let us travel on our journey today and let us pass through safely. Let us spend more time today loving and giving and less time arguing and quarrelling over little things. Let us feel your presence more today than ever before and Lord please just hold us tightly in your hands and give us peace and confirmation that all will be fine. Lord be with us all, those stating off and those getting closer to the end. Lift us up and hold us close so that we can feel your heart and hear you voice as it softly relaxes us and let your warm embrace be a wall of safety that will keep all evil away from us. I pray this for all of us in the name of Jesus, our saviour. 

Have and awesome day dear friend of Jesus

Cheers

The truth about forgiveness

What is forgiveness? Oxford says it is the action or process of forgiving or being forgiven. But what is forgiveness actually? It is the rel...