Monday 31 March 2014

Today Reminder – 31 March 2014 (Day 20 – My Strength)



A reminder for today
I know you are pleased with me, for you have not let my enemies triumph over me. (Psalm 41:11)

I am sitting here thinking of how the Lord was with me over this weekend. I have often written to you that God has not given us a spirit of fear and timidity, but of power, love, and self-discipline (2 Timothy 1). Every time I compete, I feel how that Spirit confirms within me that there is no fear and how that just gives me peace.

Life is filled with friends and enemies and wherever we go we are faced with one of the other. Some are clear and some are hidden. One thing we know for a fact is that the true enemy is satan and his dark forces seeking our downfall in each and every moment of our lives and they hate it when we succeed.

The enemy is struggling. What I want to say is this: The Lord is pleased with you so therefore He will not let the enemy triumph over you. When we look at the word pleased it means satisfied, delighted, thrilled or content. The Lord is satisfied with you and He delights in you. The LORD your God will delight in you if you obey His voice and keep the commands and decrees written in this Book of Instruction, and if you turn to the LORD your God with all your heart and soul. (Deuteronomy 30:10)

When we face the impossible and we turn to the Lord and obey His voice with all our heart and soul, He is thrilled with us and content with what we do. My dear friend, God is satisfied with what you do for you are doing what He wants you to do. Do not let the enemy make you think that God is displeased with you. He is not. He loves you just the way you are and the way you are is the design He had in mind for you. 

Can you remember that last time you were thrilled? Do you remember that feeling? That is how God feels about you, no matter the mistakes you make or the faults you have. You are perfect for you are His image. 

Let us take on today with renewed strength knowing that the Lord is pleased with us. Let us continue to obey His voice and keep the commands and decrees written in His book. Let us turn to Him with all our heart and soul as we continue to live for Him. 

Have and awesome day dear friend of Jesus

Cheers

The truth about forgiveness

What is forgiveness? Oxford says it is the action or process of forgiving or being forgiven. But what is forgiveness actually? It is the rel...