Wednesday 14 May 2014

Today Reminder – 14 May 2014 (Day 10 – Everywhere)



A reminder for today
For he knows how weak we are; he remembers we are only dust. Our days on earth are like grass; like wildflowers, we bloom and die. The wind blows, and we are gone—as though we had never been here. (Psalm 103:14-16)

As I drove to training Monday evening I was suddenly caught up in terrible traffic on the highway. The traffic started to slow down and cars began to jump lanes as drives tried to get in the faster moving lanes. A sudden change in front of me caused our lane to stop abruptly. I jumped on the brakes and barely stopped in time while the driver behind me had to use the emergency lane to come to a stop.

For a moment I was captivated by the confusion and the sudden rush of adrenaline as blood rushed through my veins. As I started to change lanes a quiet realisation of thankfulness filled my being and just knew that I was not alone in that sudden halt on the highway. I just knew that God was there and He looked out for me and all those other drivers, for He knows how weak we are and He remembers that we are only dust.

When I stopped at our gym I realised how grateful we should really be and how wonderfully God holds us in His hands each day. So today for me the Lord is in the traffic - the very hand that guides and protects us in an unpredictable flow of danger. He is in the other drivers on the road and with me through slippery streets and past dangerous bends and hidden potholes. He is my brakes and my eyes and my reaction.

He is my protector and my creator. Did you experience His presence today while on your way?

Have an awesome day dear friend of Jesus

Cheers

The truth about forgiveness

What is forgiveness? Oxford says it is the action or process of forgiving or being forgiven. But what is forgiveness actually? It is the rel...