Tuesday 20 May 2014

Today Reminder – 20 May 2014 (Day 14 – Everywhere)



A reminder for today
Search for the LORD and for his strength; continually seek him. (Psalm 105:4)

We were talking about direction on our way to school yesterday morning as I reminded my son of the 4 main directions. I showed him the compass on my bakkie’s display and how we are pointing west and where north is. It reminded me at Sunday’s sermon and how our hands are God’s power. Many times in life we are cornered and lost and we need direction. Sometimes we are faced with difficult decisions and sometimes it is purely out of frustration that we desire direction. Sometimes we are forced into directions by life’s winds and storms and we aren’t always happy at the places we end up and sometimes we end up in these places because we are lost in the turmoil of life and life’s challenges.

Today the Lord is my north. My primary goal to finding my way out of the dark places life tries to force me into. He is the main reason for all that I search for and all that I desire. He is my direction and my rock. He is the way that must find and journey towards. Jesus said “Keep on asking, and you will receive what you ask for. Keep on seeking, and you will find. Keep on knocking, and the door will be opened to you.” Keep on seeking does not mean we seek and we found and that is the end. Life continuously changes and these changes have a constant effect on us. Therefore we must continue to seek Him and continue to reconcile our life with Jesus. I love Colossians 3 where Paul says: Since you have been raised to new life with Christ, set your sights on the realities of heaven, where Christ sits in the place of honour at God's right hand. Think about the things of heaven, not the things of earth. For you died to this life, and your real life is hidden with Christ in God. 

Come and lest us change our direction and turn to God. Let us stop seeking the things of this earth and start to think about the things of heaven. Let us set our sights and our compass to point to the realities of heaven. There is nothing in this world that could ever compare to the life we will have in heaven. 

Have an awesome day dear friend of Jesus

Cheers

The truth about forgiveness

What is forgiveness? Oxford says it is the action or process of forgiving or being forgiven. But what is forgiveness actually? It is the rel...