Friday 30 May 2014

Today Reminder – 30 May 2014 (Day 22 – Everywhere)



A reminder for today
Your word is a lamp to guide my feet and a light for my path. (Psalm 119:105)

The last two days we have been without electricity and I tell you it is one thing you get used to so easily. The comfort of having power to use all your machines and being able to switch on a light and there is light. Now we have to move the candles from one place to the next and our fridges are defrosting so it is not nice anymore.

As I went out running in the darkness I just realised how fortunate we are and how comfortable our lives has become. Struggling around in the house in the dark to get all my things ready to go out and train I couldn’t stop to think how blessed we are. 

I took a small flashlight with when I ran so that I could follow the roads and watch out for unexpected rocks or obstacles in the road and as I read these verses I couldn’t help to think about that light. It was small but it gave me enough light to guide me safely back home. 

Today God is the light that guides. He is the light that keeps us from stumbling and the light that opens the darkness and carries us home to Him safely. His Word is that very light that I carry in my hand as I run. His Word shows me the obstacles in my way and guides me to overcome them and withstand their misdirection so that I do not fall.

His Word is a light for my way and a guide in my choices.

Have an awesome day dear friend of Jesus

Cheers

The truth about forgiveness

What is forgiveness? Oxford says it is the action or process of forgiving or being forgiven. But what is forgiveness actually? It is the rel...