Thursday 22 May 2014

Today Reminder – 22 May 2014 (Day 16 – Everywhere)



A reminder for today
My heart is confident in you, O God; no wonder I can sing your praises with all my heart! (Psalm 108:1)

Confidence is easy to muster when we are faced with easy challenges, but the minute things become a little more challenging our confidence seems to suffer. In most cases we measure our own confidence in our own abilities. Why do we do that? Why do we even try to battle on our own? Yesterday the storms raged on and my world was in turmoil and today… today my worlds is in Jesus’s hands and guess what – all is well and there are no storms.

When I was a student I loved to take part in speech competitions and I guess it is something I got from my father, because he was quite the speaker. I remember how I used to get so nervous before hand until I got up on that stage and opened my mouth, and then I always seemed so calm. My confidence was based on my ability to start my speech and once I started I was fine. Then I could carry on as if I was standing alone in my room. 

Today our confidence is challenged a lot and it is when we feel alone in the midst of a challenge that we lose confidence and we start to sink. Confidence is sureness and coolness and when we are not sure we lose that cool and collected self-assurance. Today Jesus is my confidence. He is how I look at myself and how I see myself. When he becomes my confidence I become am a self-assured and balanced person, focused and poised. Therefore I can jump and dance and sing out load for I have none to fear as I sing praises to Him. 

My heart is confident in the Lord and in that He is my confidence no matter how tough or difficult my challenges are today I will be confident in knowing that none of them are greater than my God. No wonder I can sing His praises with all my heart.

Have an awesome day dear friend of Jesus

Cheers

The truth about forgiveness

What is forgiveness? Oxford says it is the action or process of forgiving or being forgiven. But what is forgiveness actually? It is the rel...