Wednesday 21 May 2014

Today Reminder – 21 May 2014 (Day 15 – Everywhere)



A reminder for today
He calmed the storm to a whisper and stilled the waves. (Psalm 107:29)

My son is sick and I took him to the doctor yesterday. As we waited I calculated the amount of work that still lies and wait for me and how time seems to be against me. The minute I feel in control of the quantity it seems to escalate again. My work has become a tiny storm in my little life. I often write to you about storms and as this thought enters my mind I remember how Jesus walked on the water in the midst of a storm. When Peter called out to Him to tell him to come out of the boat and walk towards Jesus, He did so. What is interesting is that Jesus did not specifically call Peter only. Then Peter called to him, "Lord, if it's really you, tell me to come to you, walking on the water." "Yes, come," Jesus said. (Matthew 14) Jesus said come and I believe if they all got out of the boat they all would’ve been able to walk towards Jesus. Joyce Myers says it so well “If you want to walk on water, you must get out of the boat.” If we want to overcome our storms we must get out of the boat and walk towards Jesus.

Today the Lord is in my walk. As I carefully step out of the boat and onto the water in the midst of a raging storm. My eyes are focussed on Him. Come and let us all get out of that boat and watch as Jesus calms our storms and still the waves. When you walk on the unstable and stormy waters of life today, you can walk with faith. 

So Peter went over the side of the boat and walked on the water toward Jesus. But when he saw the strong wind and the waves, he was terrified and began to sink. "Save me, Lord!" he shouted.  Jesus immediately reached out and grabbed him. "You have so little faith," Jesus said. "Why did you doubt me?"

Walk in your storm and never doubt.

Have an awesome day dear friend of Jesus

Cheers

The truth about forgiveness

What is forgiveness? Oxford says it is the action or process of forgiving or being forgiven. But what is forgiveness actually? It is the rel...