Thursday 29 May 2014

Today Reminder – 29 May 2014 (Day 21 – Everywhere)



A reminder for today
The LORD is God, shining upon us. Take the sacrifice and bind it with cords on the altar. You are my God, and I will praise you! You are my God, and I will exalt you! (Psalm 118:27-28)

The LORD is God, shining upon us.  Yesterday morning when I got up we had no power and suddenly everything seemed so quiet. I got up and went out for my morning run. It wasn’t as chilly as the previous days but the darkness made it a bit weird to run and I must admit I thought it over for moment before I started. As I got on the road and I saw the dark shapes of the other houses hidden in a light darkness I looked up and was amazed at how clear the sky was. All the other mornings the stars seemed to far, but this morning they were clear and spectacular.

For a moment I was caught in the wonder of our God and I remembered Louis Giglio comparing our little planet to the amazing stars in the universe and the word indescribable just popped up in my head again. I wondered if our lives shine as much as the stars reflecting the glory of God.

Today the Lord is in the stars, His wonder exalted by the beauty of the heavens and His presence redefined by the majority of the stars. When people look around them I want to be like the stars shinning His glory and reflecting His love. I want to stand out by the way I live my life and by the way I shine out His presence in my life.

Let the stars remind you today that as much as we need there light in the darkness, people around us needs our light in their dark times. 

Have an awesome day dear friend of Jesus

Cheers

The truth about forgiveness

What is forgiveness? Oxford says it is the action or process of forgiving or being forgiven. But what is forgiveness actually? It is the rel...