Friday 4 July 2014

Today Reminder – 04 July 2014 (Day 04 – War)



A reminder for today
I lift my hands to you in prayer.  I thirst for you as parched land thirsts for rain.  (Psalm 143:6)

Captain’s log – Day 4

After our battle assessment I felt like throwing up. My stomach was in no mood for food so went to my quarters. As I sat down on my bed I took the book that was on my table and held it in my hands. I remembered my wife’s words “It will help for He is always with you and with Him all things are possible”. I felt like putting it down, because at this stage in our battle it surely felt as if I am alone and no help was offered.

Something made me open it and I started to read. The words “Trust in God” seemed to jump up at me at every page as I looked through the pages of the Old Testament. I stopped at Moses as he parted the red see. I felt a lump in my throat as I dropped to my knees…

It is in our toughest battles that we should seek Him and seek Him as parched land thirsts for rain. There should be an unquenchable desire in us for more of Him and more of His grace. We should feel an uncontrollable urge for more of Jesus as we walk to face our enemy. David said to Goliath that today the Lord will deliver him to David and David will defeat him.

Stand my friend and let us look at the battles ahead and say to them. 

Today the LORD will conquer you, and I will kill you and cut off your head. And then I will give the dead bodies of your men to the birds and wild animals, and the whole world will know that there is a God in Israel! And everyone assembled here will know that the LORD rescues his people, but not with sword and spear. This is the LORD's battle, and he will give you to us!" (1 Samuel 17:46-47)

Have an awesome day dear friend of Jesus

Cheers

The truth about forgiveness

What is forgiveness? Oxford says it is the action or process of forgiving or being forgiven. But what is forgiveness actually? It is the rel...