Wednesday 9 July 2014

Today Reminder – 09 July 2014 (Day 07 – War)



A reminder for today
Praise the LORD, who is my rock. He trains my hands for war and gives my fingers skill for battle. (Psalm 144:1)

I was thinking what to write to you today and as I opened psalm 144, verse 1 just captured me. How awesome!! The Lord, who is my rock, trains my hands for war and gives my fingers skill in battle. I must admit I am so impressed with this verse. You see the very minute I read this Psalm of David I saw David and the many battles he had in his life. God gave David so many victories and to read this from one of his Psalms is just mind blowing.

I guess we can relate to it when we look at the battles we have already survived in our lives and how the Lord carries us through them. For a moment I am caught in my own memories as I dwell back into time. I see once again the tough times that we had in heartache and sickness and I realise once again that the Lord was so close to us in these times. 

I can’t help to think about people that influenced my life that is now gone and still there is that little space they occupied. At times I can still see clearly in my mind these pictures of them that just stays with me. My grandfather is one of those people that just stays with me. Even after all these years I still have specific memories of him and there is still that little space that he occupied in my life, even if it only was for a short time.

Some of these battles are harder than other and today the Lord reminds us again that in our battles He is the one that is our rock, our constant, the only one that we should rely on and trust. He will prepare us for our battles and He will provide us with the right skills to be victorious.

In any war, I would rather be on His side and beware the enemy that is against us. My God is a great God therefor I will fear none.

Have an awesome day dear friend of Jesus

Cheers

The truth about forgiveness

What is forgiveness? Oxford says it is the action or process of forgiving or being forgiven. But what is forgiveness actually? It is the rel...