Monday 7 July 2014

Today Reminder – 07 July 2014 (Day 05 – War)



A reminder for today
For the glory of your name, O LORD, preserve my life. Because of your faithfulness, bring me out of this distress. (Psalm 143:11)

Captain’s log – Day 5

I walked up to the bridge with new heart. When I woke today I knew what was left for us to do. I knew that my strength and wisdom does not come from me but from a wonderful God that made me to glorify Him. I knew that the impossibilities in life are there to blind us into misery so that we are too afraid to take a leap of faith. I knew that just as we are unsure what to expect, the enemy on the other side was just as unsure, only I had one huge advantage – God is with me.

My words echoed as a stunned silence fell over the men. Their faces seemed a little pale for a moment as they calculated my words and thought at what I just said. Then it began. Softly from the back the men started to rise as they lifted their hands. The started to talk, but this time in a different and more livelier manner. They started to place their hands on each other as they prayed…

When the enemy looked out from their war ships they saw a small spec that grew as it got closer. They looked but had no fear for they knew we were on the other side. They ignored the spec and returned their focus to us as we started to mobilise. 

When they turned to look at the spec it was too late…

The tiny spec picked up speed as it passed one of the moons. The sudden boost in speed shot the meteor straight into the waiting fleet of the enemy and as they saw what had happened they had only enough time to hold on and wait for the impact. 

The meteor slammed into the enemy fleet destroying almost two thirds of their battle ships leaving us with a tremendous advantage. The battle that followed was short and without much resistance. 

God delivered them into our hands, because the battle is God’s battle. Trust in God my friend, trust in God.
Have an awesome day dear friend of Jesus

Cheers

The truth about forgiveness

What is forgiveness? Oxford says it is the action or process of forgiving or being forgiven. But what is forgiveness actually? It is the rel...