Wednesday 13 May 2015

Today Reminder – 13 May 2015 (Day 6 – Darkness)



A reminder for today
The light shines in the darkness, and the darkness can never extinguish it. (John 1:5) 

I got home last night and spoke to my wife. I was worried because she seemed to battle and I could see she was in a tough place. She said she could not sleep because she was worried that she would not be able to take care of the boys. I must admit I was a little disappointed that she thought this. All these years all I ever did was for those two boys and all I have I will gladly give for them. I reassured her that this is the last of her worries and that I will always take care of them. Al least this is one promise I have never broken and never will. They are my life. I realised again that despite my mistakes and the wrongs I made, that there is two sides to every story and to tell you mine is to give you an account of my side and how I experienced it. I have been wrong but there are two sides to this. Every story has two sides and it takes two to tango. She also has her mistakes and she originally wanted a divorce for other reasons than my affair. I was wrong in building an emotional bond with a friend and I accept my judgement, but to continue in this darkness is killing me and it is time to stop looking back and to start looking forward and up.

The light shines in the darkness and the darkness can never extinguish it. Jesus loves me regardless of my mistakes and He is the light in my darkness and the rock I stand on. I believe that everything happens for a reason. We can never understand it for we do not see it from God’s perspective. It is hard and the pain is unbearable but my love for my boys and my faith in Him is greater than all the pain in the world.

I will not be defeated. I will rise again and be better than ever before. I am a child of God and I gladly carry my cross for Him. I am not perfect and I can never be, but He accepts me the way I am.

When I say, “I am a Christian”, I’m not claiming to be perfect, my flaws are far too visible, but God believes I’m worth it.

Have and awesome day dear friend of Jesus

Cheers

The truth about forgiveness

What is forgiveness? Oxford says it is the action or process of forgiving or being forgiven. But what is forgiveness actually? It is the rel...