Thursday 21 May 2015

Today Reminder – 21 May 2015 (Day 13 – Darkness)



A reminder for today
"But don't be afraid of those who threaten you. For the time is coming when everything that is covered will be revealed, and all that is secret will be made known to all. What I tell you now in the darkness, shout abroad when daybreak comes. What I whisper in your ear, shout from the housetops for all to hear! "Don't be afraid of those who want to kill your body; they cannot touch your soul. Fear only God, who can destroy both soul and body in hell. What is the price of two sparrows—one copper coin? But not a single sparrow can fall to the ground without your Father knowing it. And the very hairs on your head are all numbered. So don't be afraid; you are more valuable to God than a whole flock of sparrows.” (Matthew 10:26-30)

They say that the truth will set you free. In these verses Jesus says that all will be revealed and all that is secret will be made known. At first this public humiliation nearly destroyed me, but today I feel that heavy burden lifted that I kept secret for so long. All my mistakes are now public knowledge and I am an open book to the world. I have said my “sorries” and now it is time to take the pieces and put them back together again.

I love these verses. Jesus says that we must not be afraid. The very hairs on you head are all numbered. You are more valuable than a flock of sparrows. I do not know what you are going through, my friend, and I do not see your sorrow, but I can say with certainty that nothing will be able to destroy us. Jesus made us to show His glory. Even when we fall, we can stand up and be more. 

Come with me as I stand up out of my darkness and shout from the rooftops. He is my God and I will follow Him through the good and the bad. I give my heart to you Lord. Come and restore me. Come and rebuild this broken vessel. Let your glory shine through me. I am broken but not destroyed. I was lost but I have found my journey. I am yours Lord. 

For His glory, let us shout it out.

Have and awesome day dear friend of Jesus

Cheers

The truth about forgiveness

What is forgiveness? Oxford says it is the action or process of forgiving or being forgiven. But what is forgiveness actually? It is the rel...