Friday 5 June 2015

Today Reminder – 05 June 2015 (Day 5 – Break the walls)



A reminder for today
Jesus replied, "My light will shine for you just a little longer. Walk in the light while you can, so the darkness will not overtake you. Those who walk in the darkness cannot see where they are going. Put your trust in the light while there is still time; then you will become children of the light." After saying these things, Jesus went away and was hidden from them. (John 12:35-36)

Become children of the light. These are simple words but a huge change in life. My boys are with me this weekend and I am so excited to spend undivided time with them. I have many mistakes and some days my past overshadows me and leaves me in darkness. My fear that I will not be the father that must be, and that am unable to restore a family home for these two precious little boys builds so much fear and leaves me in a dark place.

I have given my fears over to the Lord and I trust that He will show me the correct path and help me to restore what is broken and rebuild what I have lost. When Jesus says that we should put our trust in the Light while there is still time, it is just as relevant now as it was then. Life is short and why should we live in the past and allow it to dictate our journey when we can step into the light and follow His light. He can change any heart and restore any broken spirit. 

Our God is the God of the impossible and I trust that you will see the impossible become the possible not only in my life but in your life too. It is not who we are and what we have done. It is who we trust and who we will become. Many years ago a man walked up to me in church and said that God gave him a vision. God told him that I will do great things. Can you imagine how many times I have questioned this?

For God to use us, He must first bring us down so that He can rebuild us and then use us. I am broken beyond belief, but I am stronger in Him. You will see great things my friend. Do not be surprised, because you will see them in your own life.

Have and awesome day dear friend of Jesus

Cheers

The truth about forgiveness

What is forgiveness? Oxford says it is the action or process of forgiving or being forgiven. But what is forgiveness actually? It is the rel...