Wednesday 24 June 2015

Today Reminder – 24 June 2015 (Day 17 – Break the walls)



A reminder for today
The LORD is my shepherd; I have all that I need. (Psalm 23:1)

We are so quick to look at material things as a need in our lives. We allow possessions to create walls between us and the Lord. We measure success in what we have and who we are. We elevate ourselves to a position where we see only ourselves and we hide God so that we can call on Him only when we feel like it.

Every morning when I pick up the kids I look at our home which we now sold and I feel sad to lose it. I really liked that house and the area, but today I know that it is only a brick in my wall that I have created between me and the Lord. It is only a house, but to me it is the memories that fades away with it. 

David writes here that the Lord is His keeper and he’s got all that he needs. I have read these verses a million times but today I see them the way the Holy Spirit wants me to look at them. With Jesus we have all that we need, because it is not the need of the world that we must focus on, it is the need to be with Jesus in eternity. All the possessions in the world will not be able to give you entry to heaven. Jesus is the only way and His way is a humble and content way. Jesus showed us that we do not need possessions. 

Jesus told him, "If you want to be perfect, go and sell all your possessions and give the money to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven. Then come, follow me." But when the young man heard this, he went away sad, for he had many possessions. (Matthew 19:21-22)

These verses must let you think - We do not need “stuff”, we need Jesus. We need to look past our self and we need to see Jesus and the way He wants us to be. He wants us to live and be free. He will look after us and protect us. We must give Him our lives and live for His glory and not our own glory.

Be humble, my friend, because in our humbleness we will show great strength.

Have and awesome day dear friend of Jesus

Cheers

The truth about forgiveness

What is forgiveness? Oxford says it is the action or process of forgiving or being forgiven. But what is forgiveness actually? It is the rel...