Monday 29 January 2018

Today Reminder (Afraid) – 29 January 2018



A reminder for today
Do not let your heart be troubled (afraid, cowardly). Believe [confidently] in God and trust in Him, [have faith, hold on to it, rely on it, keep going and] believe also in Me.  (John 14:1)

It is Monday and I keep thinking someone took away one day of the weekend. This weekend flew by and here we are. Poof back in the work seat and rumbling down another week. It is a beautiful day outside with thick clouds hanging over Pretoria. It rained last night, and it is going to rain again today. I love it and God is just amazing. 

This verse is for me today. I got a new job offer and it had me restless and uncertain for a few weeks. I asked God for guidance and wisdom in this and I was not sure for quite some time what to do and how to think about this. This weekend God gave me confirmation and peace as He guided me into my decision to not take it and to stay on my present course. I have been wanting to start my own Taekwondo school for a while and I am going to do it now. I am convinced that this is what the Lord wanted me to do and He is definitely leading me step by step on this new journey. 

So, I have no more fear. I will not let my heart be troubled and I will trust in the Lord our God and in Jesus Christ, my saviour. I have a very weird feeling of tranquillity and peace and my restless heart is quiet today. I have a new goal and I am set on my course and ready for what lies ahead. I have been given a lot of job security at my current company and it was made clear that they do not want me to leave. Wow! I do feel a little special – hahaha. God certainly have a way to show His love and grace to leave me speechless and in awe. 

What can I say. We must allow God to do His work in His time. We must remain patient and follow His guidance with a trusting heart and a committed spirit. We must spend time in His Word and study more of its amazing truths and treasures. We should worry less and pray more. 

Lord, thank you for showing me your way and thank you for all that you do for us. Bless my friend and keep them save. Guide them as you guide me and fill them with your Spirit. Let your will be done and let your kingdom come. In Jesus name. 

Have an awesome day dear friend of Jesus. 

Cheers

The truth about forgiveness

What is forgiveness? Oxford says it is the action or process of forgiving or being forgiven. But what is forgiveness actually? It is the rel...