Tuesday 23 January 2018

Today Reminder (I found Jesus) – 23 January 2018



A reminder for today
Ask and keep on asking and it will be given to you; seek and keep on seeking and you will find; knock and keep on knocking and the door will be opened to you. For everyone who keeps on asking receives, and he who keeps on seeking finds, and to him who keeps on knocking, it will be opened. (Matthew 7:7-8)

My son went in for a procedure this morning and I must admit waiting for your child while in theatre is never an easy thing. It is always hard for me and I get a bit impatient in the process. I know God is with Him and I know He is safe, but there is that feeling of “I am not there” that still impacts you. For a moment I thought about the arguments atheists have on decease and sin and how they try and argue God out of the picture by referring to the world as it is. 

The one thing that confuses me is that, so many atheists look at the proof and examines it with an open heart and they see the truth in God and many turn to Christianity. I follow a few of these amazing people and I love to read their work, because you can see their passion for the truth in how the write and explain what they have found as if it was lost to the world. One of my favourites is “Cold-Case Christianity” writer J. Warner Wallace. I love the way he used his investigative skills to prove that the gospels are authentic eye witness accounts of the life, death and resurrection of Jesus Christ. He also wrote a very good book called “God’s crime scene” where he investigates the creation of the universe by an intelligent designer. 

I loved an argument between an atheist and a theist where the theist asked what evidence will convince the atheist that Jesus is who He claims to be. The atheist replied that when a twenty feet Jesus with heavenly colours show up and tell him to convert he will surely jump on the Christian campaign. The theist smiled and said that he does not believe so because the atheist will probably say it was a hallucination. 

You see there are so many that are blinded by their love of this world that their very “self” stands in the way of them seeing the truth. I will go as far as to say it comes down to arrogance and self-love that becomes their god. The worst part is that so many claims that there is no God, yet they consistently seek to argue with us over the existence of God. I see this as one thing, and that is that they looked at the proof and they realise that there has to be a creator and Jesus is who He said He is, but they love their way of life so much that they seek approval in their arguments. Or maybe it is a power struggle and arguing is just a way to hide from the truth.

The fact remains that Jesus said if you seek you will find. If you seek with an open heart like so many other, you will find just as they have. Jesus added that when you knock the door will be opened and if you keep seeking you will find. So, what do we do with these atheists? Well we will simply love them into the kingdom, because eventually every knee will bow down and every tongue will confess that Jesus is the Lord. I can only pray that we will save them before it is too late so that they too can find Jesus, just as I did.

Lord, I pray for all those lost in the lies and confusion of this world. I pray that you will touch their hearts and open their eyes to the truth so that they will seek and find. In Jesus name.

Have an awesome day dear friend of Jesus. 

Cheers

The truth about forgiveness

What is forgiveness? Oxford says it is the action or process of forgiving or being forgiven. But what is forgiveness actually? It is the rel...