Thursday 18 January 2018

Today Reminder (Trials and tests) – 18 January 2018



A reminder for today
If the world hate you, ye know that it hated me before it hated you. If ye were of the world, the world would love his own: but because ye are not of the world, but I have chosen you out of the world, therefore the world hateth you. (John 15:18-19)

The world is one messy place. There is murder and destruction and hate and anger and decease and war and death everywhere. Despite this we also have many suicides and overdoses that is so unnecessary and wrong. To wake up and to look at the world through those kind of eyes is going to corrupt you. You see, Jesus said that these trials and troubles that we face should not be a surprise for us. If the world hates us, we have to remember that this world hated Jesus before us. If you are part of this world, then this world will love you, but we are not of this world. We do not even resemble what this world wants. We are different, and we are not misled by the needs and lies of this world. We know who we are in Jesus Christ and this sets us apart from the rest.

So, do not wake up negative and depressed by what awaits you. When you wake take a moment and give your day to the Lord and seek Him in everything. God wants us to seek Him first above all else. He wants us to look at this world through His eyes and see it the way He sees it. He made it and all He wants is for all to be saved. That is why He send Jesus to break sin and lift us out of our pit of despair. Life is not going to be easy, but life is not forever. Imagine the impact we can make when we unite in our efforts to help the lost and show them the way to redemption. Imagine what we can do if we do not see the bad but live to show the good. Imagine what you can do if you put God first all the time. 

This year we will see change and we will see God at His best. I will rejoice in my trials and tests and I will continue to trust the Lord all the way. I do not care what the enemy tries, because I have an amazing and awesome God that walks with me and lives in me. I have unlimited strength and I am blessed. I am a child of God and a friend of Jesus. I am forgiven, and I am saved. I will live in the house of my Lord forever and ever, but before that I will do all I can to take as many as possible with me. Live, love, dance and rejoice for the Lord our God is a great God.

Lord, how wonderful the mercies of your hands. Lead us through this day and show us the way and let us touch lives and bring your gospel to as many as possible. In Jesus name. 

Have an awesome day dear friend of Jesus. 

Cheers

The truth about forgiveness

What is forgiveness? Oxford says it is the action or process of forgiving or being forgiven. But what is forgiveness actually? It is the rel...