Wednesday 17 January 2018

Today Reminder (My God) – 17 January 2018


A reminder for today
And the publican, standing afar off, would not lift up so much as his eyes unto heaven, but smote upon his breast, saying, God be merciful to me a sinner.  (Luke 18:13)

The last two days I shared info on fasting with you and yes, I am about to challenge you on it. You see we started this year with the promise of something new. But more importantly is our need and desire to get closer to God and see His works. When we fast, we make a commitment and God is all for commitments. From this Sunday the 21st of January we are going into a 21 day fast. Now I can’t do the full fast, because I want to compete in April, but I am going to take out something that I have trouble to resist from my diet. This will be my fast and my commitment. Now, there must be a reason we fast. 

Now I want to fast for a fully devoted life to the Lord. I want to see change into my heart as well as the hearts of people all around me as I fast for change in our country. What more can we do as to pray for the upliftment of our people and the end of corruption and race boundaries. Everyone should be equal and treated equally and people should not fear but live in a safe environment. These are factors that are close to my heart and that I not only desire for each South African but to all people of the world. I believe with God all things are possible. 

I just want to give you a little encouragement. You see I pray for rain all the time and I watch the weather forecast to see when we can expect rain. This week the weather forecast showed no chance for rain and as Tuesday came to an end the clouds started to gather and I asked the Lord for Elijah rain. This means small cloud lots of rain and that night we had an awesome thunder shower. The thunder was so loud it shook the windows as lighting cracked over the sky above. This is our God confirming that He hears our prayers and that we should not stop to pray. 

Therefore, going into a 21 day fast is just the beginning of great things to come.

Lord, you are so amazing, and we are so grateful for the rain you blessed us with. Be with us as we commit to you and continue our battle on our knees. Make us prayer warriors and let us take this world and turn it into your kingdom where you are worshipped by all. in Jesus name. 

Have an awesome day dear friend of Jesus. 

Cheers

The truth about forgiveness

What is forgiveness? Oxford says it is the action or process of forgiving or being forgiven. But what is forgiveness actually? It is the rel...