Tuesday 30 January 2018

Today Reminder (Steady and sure) – 30 January 2018

A reminder for today
The Lord God is my strength [my source of courage, my invincible army]; He has made my feet [steady and sure] like hinds’ feet and makes me walk [forward with spiritual confidence] on my high places [of challenge and responsibility].  (Habakkuk 3:19)

Yesterday afternoon it started to rain here where I work, and it just rained harder and harder. Many traffic lights were suddenly affected which cause a massive backlog in traffic with a huge congestion that piled up for miles. It was terrible, and I could not find another way out, so I was forced to sit in the traffic and wait it out. I am not a huge fan of traffic but can’t think that anyone could love to be stuck with no way out.

In life we sometimes find ourselves in the same situation. We tend to get stuck in life and we suddenly have no way out. The sudden storms that arrives in our lives are huge and terrible causing a backlog in our own plans. We get irritated and annoyed and we often make a mistake when we are confronted with a situation we have no control over.

When I was stuck in traffic and I finally gave up fighting to find a way around it I stood there slowly moving forward and I though what did God save me from or protected me from by getting me stuck in the this. I knew that it is all about Him and He will allow things into our lives to alter our course or make us change direction or turn us around. It may seem to us as ridiculous, but we only see partially. So, I can’t help to wonder what it was that God kept me from and protected me by keeping me in the storm.  

In life we must allow God to do His will and follow Him. He will redirect us and often change our direction and take us on a complete different path for our own good and growth. It is in these moments that we get so much closer to God. It is these challenges that we should grasp with both hands and allow God to guide us through them. When we exit on the other side we will be stronger and more mature Christians. It is in these challenges that we should remember that God is our strength and He will steady our feet as we walk on high and difficult places.

Lord, you are our God and holy be your name. Thank for all that you do for us in our storms. Open our eyes and hearts so that we may see what you are busy with. In Jesus name. 

Have an awesome day dear friend of Jesus. 

Cheers

The truth about forgiveness

What is forgiveness? Oxford says it is the action or process of forgiving or being forgiven. But what is forgiveness actually? It is the rel...