Thursday 11 January 2018

Today Reminder (The cause) – 11 January 2018


A reminder for today
For this cause we also, since the day we heard it, do not cease to pray for you, and to desire that ye might be filled with the knowledge of his will in all wisdom and spiritual understanding. (Colossians 1:9)

I am about to tell you something you will not believe. It is Thursday! Yes, see I told you. Haha, I woke up this morning thinking why can’t time not just wait a little and give me a few more hours of sleep. Gosh, getting up at four every morning is getting harder and harder. I often get the question: “How do you do it?” How and why do I get up each morning at four and train as hard as we do? I want to say it is for a cause but that might sound a little corny. It is simply because I have a goal. I have a plan and I train to achieve that plan. No, my plan is not a three-month body transformation publicity stunt. It is year by year goal to better myself and to uplift my fitness and health with every hour I train. I train every day and I train my cardio just as hard as I do my weights part. I am committed and determined, and I will succeed. 

When you read this verse, we see that Paul says that for this cause we do not cease to pray. And in that he desires that they will be filled with knowledge and wisdom and spiritual understanding. When we pray, it is for a cause. It is the fight we fight against the forces of darkness, but it is also the support and uplifting of our fellow Christian brothers and sisters. I pray the same way I train. Every day I go down to my knees and I pray. I find a quiet spot in the house and there I enter the holy sanctuary of our Lord and I spend time with Him. I bring you to Him and I give Him all my worries and challenges and I share my desire for knowledge and wisdom and spiritual understanding. 

I believe that in all we do we must seek balance, but I will go as far as to say that I must pray more than what I train. Prayer is our only defence against evil and in prayer we arm ourselves and our spirits against the attacks of the enemy. In prayer we humble ourselves before our Lord as we declare our need and dependency on Him. You see, without the Lord I am nothing. Nothing I do I do out of myself. Everything I do I do because of His grace and love.     

So, I ask that you do not cease to pray and I desire wisdom and knowledge and spiritual understanding for you. We have a cause and our cause is Jesus Christ. Come with me as we carry and fight for our cause. 

Lord, I pray that you will bless each one of us with wisdom, knowledge and spiritual understanding. In Jesus name. 

Have an awesome day dear friend of Jesus. 

Cheers

The truth about forgiveness

What is forgiveness? Oxford says it is the action or process of forgiving or being forgiven. But what is forgiveness actually? It is the rel...