Wednesday 2 May 2018

Today Reminder (Back to work) – 2 May 2018


A reminder for today
Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth my word, and believeth on him that sent me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life. (John 5:24)

After a nice long weekend, I find myself back at work today and I must say I would have loved to be at home for a few days more. It was a busy weekend. We went to visit my parents and it is a bit of a long drive, but what makes it longer is the number of potholes on the last part of the road. It is unbelievable how bad that road is. So, this makes the journey significantly longer especially with two little boys that keeps asking me if we are close. 

Besides the road issues I was so sick this weekend. This flu was no joke. I was in bad shape for a few days, but on Monday I just could not sit anymore so I took my almost better body to the gym. Fanatic and little crazy, yes that is me. I had to buy the kids new shoes and clothes and I was shocked at how so little can cost so much. Where is it going to end?

I thought that I would quickly fill up the car yesterday, because our petrol prices are going up again. As I waited for the attendant to fill up the car I saw there were a few ladies handing out pamphlets to the attendants at the gas station. I asked what it was about, and I soon realised they were from some church and caused a little confusion. I did not wait for a moment and grabbed the opportunity to explain God and the life we have in Jesus. In just a few seconds I explained it and suddenly there was no more confusion but understanding. God surely works in wonderful ways. 

My little one struggles with going to school. Every morning is difficult, and I have come to a point where I just do not have an answer anymore. He has some sort of fear of being forgotten and he just does not want to let go of me. I do not know how much longer I am going to carry on like this, because you can imagine how I feel when I leave. Therefore, I am taking this to the Lord and I will ask Him for guidance in this matter. I am sure He will present me with a solution that will solve this. 

As for today. I have a few issues at work that needs attention and I will have to get my mind focussed. But what I mostly want is to pray for you. I am sure you too are dealing with a number of challenges in your life and I know that God is ready to take you through them and lead you to a peaceful place. I know that God never leaves us and that we need to trust Him. He will show us the way. 

Lord, today I bring all my amazing friends, that shares in your word each day, to you. You said that all who believe in you and hear your word will have everlasting life. You said that we will be free from condemnation. Please bless all these wonderful people and keep them safe. Let us carry your word in our hearts and share it with everyone. Keep us away from evil and let us not fall for temptation, but deliver us, Lord. Give us the wisdom and strength to face the storms in our lives. In Jesus name.  

Have an awesome day dear friend of Jesus. 

Cheers

The truth about forgiveness

What is forgiveness? Oxford says it is the action or process of forgiving or being forgiven. But what is forgiveness actually? It is the rel...