Friday 25 May 2018

Today Reminder (The Answer) – 25 May 2018


A reminder for today
If the world hate you, ye know that it hated me before it hated you. If ye were of the world, the world would love his own: but because ye are not of the world, but I have chosen you out of the world, therefore the world hateth you. (John 15:18-19)

I thought yesterday was Friday. So, it feels as if I have an extra day in this week. But hey it is Friday and not a minute to late. This week has been way to long and I can use a day off. We might have many questions and we may feel that we are treated unfairly and that the world just seems against us. I have been a little vocal the last two days about our current situation here in the lovely South Africa. I know that we all face our own battles and each one of us struggle with them. We may sit back and ask why, how and who knows what other question we may ask. 

The answer is simple, and Jesus answered it for us here in John 15. Why does this world hate us? Because it hated Jesus before us. Why do they persecute us and kill us? Because it hated Jesus before us. Why are we condemned and ridiculed and falsely accused? Because it hated Jesus before us.

You know we can continue to look at it and complain or we can change our perspective. You see when we start to look at all of this from the Jesus perspective it will look a lot different. Yes, it is terrible the way our farmers are murdered and how many people are killed every day. And yes, we must remain vocal about it and fight the injustice by standing up against it. 

But we must not lose hope, nor must we allow them to determine our mood or who we are. We are children of the most high God. This in essence is why we are hated. We are Jesus followers and satan does not want us around, because we change people.

So, this is what you do. You look at all of this and think I am not of this world. I have been chosen to be out of this world and therefore I am hated. But I will not let this change who I am and what I am. I will live my life showing my Lord to everyone and in the end when I reach my end I will live forever with my Lord and all of them who did not hear or did not want to hear. All those who hated us and did not want to change their ways, they will also meet my Lord, but their experience will not be a fun and fruitful event. This is when they will be judged for their hate and anger. Their brutal murders and their sadistic rapes. This is when they will be held accountable for what they did to God’s children. The only thing is that their punishment will be much worse. 

Therefore, do not stop praying for the lost and do not stop fighting for what is right. Everyone, even the bad ones are entitled to forgiveness just as we are forgiven.

Have an awesome day dear friend of Jesus. 

Cheers

The truth about forgiveness

What is forgiveness? Oxford says it is the action or process of forgiving or being forgiven. But what is forgiveness actually? It is the rel...