Monday 14 May 2018

Today Reminder (Give to receive) – 14 May 2018


A reminder for today
Love endures with patience and serenity, love is kind and thoughtful, and is not jealous or envious; love does not brag and is not proud or arrogant. (1 Corinthians 13:4)

On Friday we went to an old age home here in Pretoria to support them and to give back to the community. It was a fun day where some of us painted, some did make-up, other played games and some just chatted with these wonderful old people. It is a privilege to be able to make a difference in the lives of people. Everyone jumped in and gave it all to make the day a success. 

Our faith is build on love and giving. Jesus set the standard high when He gave His life out of love for all of us. We are ambassadors of God and we need to follow that example by giving love. We are different, we are not conformed to the standards of this world. We are children of God and we operate on an entire different set of rules. Our rules are set and defined by God in His Word.

We often think that giving means we much give our tithes. Giving is not just the money you give in church or the financial support you give an organisation. Giving is more than that. Yes, financial support is important, but when you give of your time and you show God’s love the outcome is so much more rewarding. It can be as simple as just listening to someone of being a friend when someone is in need or sharing a sandwich or just being there. 

God is far greater than we often give Him credit for. He can touch a heart through you just by listening or being available when someone needs you. Jesus gave us the mission to take His gospel all over the world and He made it clear that we will do great things in His name. God is with you. He did not decide to show up a few days ago. He has been there since day one and He will always be there. 

I am not afraid, not because I am arrogant in that regard, but because I know who my God is. I know He is with me and I know that no matter the challenge I face or that I am going through, He will carry me through it and He will be with me. And if it means my end, I will gladly take it for I know where I am heading. I am a child of God and I am going to live in the kingdom of God for eternity.

Our current situation in South Africa is making us very negative and most are filled with fear for what awaits us, but I am not afraid. I am not afraid, because I am not of this world. I am not afraid, because I know with God we will overcome this. I am not afraid, because I know that God can change anything in a second. 

We should stop to allow this world and its people to set the standards. God has been with me through all my challenges and He will not let us stand alone. This means that we should continue to do what He said we should do and that is to love and to tell everyone of His good news. No one will move us, because God placed us here and He promised this land to us. So, I will stand, and I will not be moved. I will not be afraid, because I worship the only living God and He is all I fear, no one else.

I am on my knees, fighting the enemy and praying for you and for our world. 

Lord, please fill us again with your Spirit and give us courage. Let us stand firm on you word and let us continue to show you to this world so that those who are in need of you, find you. Save your people, Lord and heal our land. In Jesus name. 

Have an awesome day dear friend of Jesus. 

Cheers

The truth about forgiveness

What is forgiveness? Oxford says it is the action or process of forgiving or being forgiven. But what is forgiveness actually? It is the rel...