Monday 21 May 2018

Today Reminder (Talk) – 21 May 2018


A reminder for today
Moreover if thy brother shall trespass against thee, go and tell him his fault between thee and him alone: if he shall hear thee, thou hast gained thy brother. (Matthew 18:15)

This weekend was great. I had a very busy Saturday, but a very relaxed Sunday. How was your weekend, my friend? I do hope that you are well rested and that you are all set and ready for the week ahead. I have found in my life that when you talk about the things that bother you, you get a lot further than when you keep them to yourself. The enemy loves to brew up these little differences in us to cause irritation and finally an argument. 

When you do not agree on something or you do not like something, talk about it. For example, a married couple of thirty years get divorced because they can’t get along when the actual reason was that the husband hated the pasta his wife made but never said anything. I love to say that I can’t read your mind therefore you need to tell me what is bothering you. 

What happens is that this irritation builds up and finally explodes. Then everything is pulled out of proportion when a simple discussion would have solved the entire issue. So, talk to each other and do not store up your issues until they become a mountain. 

Remember, that to many we are the only Bible they will see. If we do not live a life that resembles the teachings of our Lord, then who are we. Many have called Christians hypocrites, because of the way we life. We go to church on Sunday, but during the week we live a life that is opposite the way of the Lord. I have fallen over that exact stumble block in my life. I called myself a Christian, but I lived a life that never showed Jesus to those around me. I still struggle with this from time to time, especially in our country where we are constantly attacked for no reason and they still blame us for their current mistakes. The enemy loves to use this to stir up people. 

It is simple really. Talk about the things that bother you and live according to the guidelines the Lord gave us. Love everyone and be patient and caring. Listen and make compromises so that we create an environment where everyone will see Jesus through the way we live.

Lord, thank you for another day given to us by grace. Let us not waste a single minute but instead let us live in every moment for your glory so that other will see you through us. In Jesus name. 

Have an awesome day dear friend of Jesus. 

Cheers

The truth about forgiveness

What is forgiveness? Oxford says it is the action or process of forgiving or being forgiven. But what is forgiveness actually? It is the rel...