Friday 4 May 2018

Today Reminder (Keep going) – 4 May 2018


A reminder for today
Fight the good fight of the faith [in the conflict with evil]; take hold of the eternal life to which you were called, and [for which] you made the good confession [of faith] in the presence of many witnesses. (1 Timothy 6:12)

Who am I that the highest King would welcome me? I was lost but He lifted me up out of His love for me. My dear and wonderful friend, we worship the most amazing and breath-taking God. As we are about to get some rest over the weekend I am in awe of the wonders and blessings I have seen in the last days. God helped me to change my work hours so that I can pick up my kids earlier and help them with their homework. This means that my little one will have the prospect of a more safe and secure environment and I believe this will help with his anxiety in school. I am at a loss for words at the wonders of my God. 

Fight the good fight of faith. If there is one thing I am constantly doing is staying committed to God and I keep the faith. My trust and my entire life is in the hands of our Lord. We live in a terrible time and at this stage South Africa is rated one of the most dangerous countries to live in. I do not know if you watch the news on our country, but you will see images of fires burning all over our provinces and rioting, looting and violence taking its toll on our people and our economy. 

It is unbelievable and to be honest absolutely ridiculous. It no less than 100 hours we have seen 11 farm attacks that left 3 people dead and many in hospital. The crises seem to escalate here and now with our government pushing for land redistribution (basically taking farms from people) it is not looking better. The funny thing is that 75% of all the land is owned by the government, yet they keep pushing to take land from land owners. It just does not sound right.

With this in mind people are tired and hopeless at what lies ahead. We all know that the enemy is cunning and ruthless. As Christians we are always in the battle zone and the enemy is relentless in his pursue to end Christianity. What do we do? It is simple… we fall to our knees and we look up at the creator of heaven and earth. We know that we will suffer as He suffered. He made it clear when He was here. I am certain that when we unite in prayer and we return to God, God will heal this land. The enemy may seem powerful and fearless, but we worship a great and all-powerful God. He will destroy the enemy and He will save us from it all. We have to keep the faith and keep fighting the good fight. Take hold of the eternal life to which you are called and keep making your confession in front of all people so that the world will know you follow the only living God and that the enemy will know that nothing can pull you from His hand and away from His love. 

They will lose this fight. I am a child of God and I fear no evil for my God is greater than all the evil combined. He will save us, and He will deliver us from this. My faith and my trust are in God, the only living God and in Jesus Christ our saviour. 

Lord, unite us and help us to overcome this evil that now dwells in our land. Let us fight the enemy on our knees and destroy his attempts to hurt more people. Show us the right way and if we should need to fight, give us the strength and the wisdom to do your will and to find your way in it all. in Jesus name.

Have an awesome day dear friend of Jesus. 

Cheers

The truth about forgiveness

What is forgiveness? Oxford says it is the action or process of forgiving or being forgiven. But what is forgiveness actually? It is the rel...