Wednesday 30 May 2018

Today Reminder (Diversity) – 30 May 2018

A reminder for today
Neither pray I for these alone, but for them also which shall believe on me through their word; That they all may be one; as thou, Father, art in me, and I in thee, that they also may be one in us: that the world may believe that thou hast sent me. And the glory which thou gavest me I have given them; that they may be one, even as we are one. (John 17:20-22)

It rained yesterday and today the temperatures dropped and they will drop a little more in the days to come. I am not a huge fan of “cold” so I look like an Eskimo early in the morning when I am on my way to the gym. Layers, I tell you layers. I have layers – hahaha.

Jesus prayed just before He was arrested. In this prayer He said a few things that brought me back to my chat with a fellow South African on twitter yesterday. It was quickly clear in our conversation that people make up their own preconceptions of other. Now one of our biggest struggles seems to be race and cultural differences, but in mere moments we seemed to have found a common ground. 
Once the presumptions were out of the way and we could talk on a clear platform we seemed to have the same type of issues. Now South Africa is a country build on many rights and many wrongs and in both all of us played a role. But that is in the past. If we cannot learn from our past and move forward, we will never be able to rebuild this amazing country.

It is man’s self that is the biggest stumble block. We struggle because both sides are to hard headed to stand together and the first thing that happens is that blame goes to the mistakes made in past. Yes, there were mistakes, but there was also good. It is typical of worldly orientated people to look at mistakes and mis the good. We all do it from time to time, but when we are renewed by Jesus we should not seek to see the bad what strive to see the good in all.

The weirdest part is that many of these people are supposed to be Christians. So, why can’t we work together. It is simply the worldly aspect that over shadows God in our lives. I have made it a point in my life to seek and to see the good in people. I look past your race, gender, culture or beliefs and I look to see the good in you. Then I start to look at the rest. Yes, I believe we can solve all this on a common ground that we can all agree on. But this will mean that all parties will have to give and allow and submit a little. Will that ever happen, I believe it can, but it will mean that people will have to set aside their self and listen and return to God. 

Jesus prayed here for the people that will become believers by the work the disciples will do. Jesus said that they may be one as He is one with the Father and the Father with Him. Jesus said it and He prayed for it. Why are we Christians divided, because our hearts are in the wrong place. We worship the wrong god. It is about us and not God. For as long as the so-called Christians will continue in their wrong ways, this world will not change. It starts with you and me. If we change and we can touch a heart around us and change them, we can change all. This fight is on your knees. Pray for all of us as I am praying for you. 

Have an awesome day dear friend of Jesus. 

Cheers

The truth about forgiveness

What is forgiveness? Oxford says it is the action or process of forgiving or being forgiven. But what is forgiveness actually? It is the rel...