Friday 5 October 2018

Today Reminder (Are you free) – 05 October 2018


A reminder for today
Then said Jesus to those Jews which believed on him, If ye continue in my word, then are ye my disciples indeed; And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free. (John 8:31-32)

What is freedom? To many people freedom is the democratic regimes we find ourselves in today. It is freedom of speech and freedom of religion and freedom of sexuality and freedom of choice and freedom to just wander around and be free. There is a lot of free freedoms in that sentence. 

Consider what Jesus said to the Jews in John 8: If God were your Father, ye would love me: for I proceeded forth and came from God; neither came I of myself, but he sent me. Why do ye not understand my speech? even because ye cannot hear my word. Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it.

Now let’s go back to freedom and then we will return to who is your father. Jesus says that you will know the truth and that truth will set you free. In essence He is referring to the truth that He is God and in Him you have true freedom. Jesus talks about the choices we make and how these choices can either set us free or bound us for eternity. Many of us struggle with choices and many times we make the wrong one. 

Jesus came, and He gave us the right choice. He gave His life so that everyone that believes in Him will have true freedom and eternal life. This freedom in Him is the ultimate freedom, because like Paul you could be in chains in some prison and still sing joyfully for the Lord, because your freedom is not a material one, but a spiritual eternal one. That is why those who are lost cannot understand the freedom we have. There freedom has become tangible when ours is eternal.

So, who is your father. Jesus said to the Jews that if they did not believe in Him they are not of God, because they can hear His words and if they truly listened they will see that His words are from God. But like so many they are blinded by the lie of the real father they follow. Their father is the devil and the lusts and desires of their father they will do. He was a murderer and liar from the beginning and he is the father of lies. Yet, his lies have influenced so many and so many will fall because of his lies.

I am truly free. My freedom is in Jesus Christ and it is because of this freedom that I am calm and collected despite what is happening around me. I am not looking at the waves, but I am looking at the one who has power over the wind and the waves. My eyes are not fixed at the problem, but my eyes and ears and my whole being is firmly grounded in my Lord and my saviour. 

Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies: thou anointest my head with oil; my cup runneth over.

Have an awesome day dear friend of Jesus. 

Cheers

The truth about forgiveness

What is forgiveness? Oxford says it is the action or process of forgiving or being forgiven. But what is forgiveness actually? It is the rel...