Tuesday 23 October 2018

Today Reminder (Greater) – 23 October 2018


A reminder for today
Ye are of God, little children, and have overcome them: because greater is he that is in you, than he that is in the world. (1 John 4:4)

We did a trail run this morning and I must say it was awesome. With a broken toe I did it in a good time. When we started I was contemplating whether I should run or walk, but as we started I just went for it. My foot held nicely, but with some of those steep downs and ups I could feel the pain. What was nice is for sections I was running alone and just taking in the surrounds and nature. These are the moments in life that I feel so close to God. When I defy the odds and I pass my limitations I can feel God’s hand firm and strong as He keeps me going. 

I love this verse. You see when we are showered with burdens and challenges we often forget that we worship the creator of heaven and earth. Greater is He – I want to go as far and say I should write that on my wall. I should make it part of my morning routine. I should remind myself of this every moment of every day. 

Greater is He that is in us, than he that is in this world. When the challenges are to much and the storms exploding all around you. When you feel there is no more left of you and you are tired, look at the enemy as he tries to pull you down and remind him who is in you. It is in these difficult times that we are lifted and renewed by the power of an almighty God. 

This world will hate us, but we are not of this world. This world will persecute us, but we have nothing that we need from this world. This world will try and destroy us, but we are not focussed on this world, we are focussed on the life that awaits us. If the world hates you, remember that it hated Jesus first. 

You have a great and powerful force that is in you. Do not be misled by the lies of the enemy, but instead stand strong and be courageous. Let the light of our Lord be your guide and let His words be your compass. Let His love shine through you and let His ways be your ways.

Have an awesome day dear friend of Jesus. 

Cheers

The truth about forgiveness

What is forgiveness? Oxford says it is the action or process of forgiving or being forgiven. But what is forgiveness actually? It is the rel...